Valheim Server Installer
The [Valheim Server Installer] is a simple BASH script that will assist a user or administrator with installing the Valheim dedicated server in a very concise and automated fashion.
This utility is designed to assist with the installation of Valheim Servers on fresh Ubuntu installs.
I am going to say that again I have only tested this on fresh Ubuntu installs. That said, I do not see that it would necessarily conflict with anything on an ubuntu home server for local play or something of that ilk.
- Clone the [Scripts repo]
cd Scripts/ValheimServerInstallerto move to the VSI directory
chmod +x ValheimSrv.shto make the installer executable
sudo ./ValheimSrv.shto run the installer
- Watch the script. It will prompt you for various interactions
- You will want to have a user password for the valheim service account, a server name, a world name, and a world password.
What it does
This script will
- Install SteamCMD
- Create a
valheimuser on the system to run the Valheim service from. This prevents the root account from being used as the service account.
- Install the Valheim server from SteamCMD
- Create a Valheim service with your input
- Enable that service to run on startup
- Start that service
Be aware that this script will create a user, that is expected.
(c) 2021 Daelphinux Released under the MIT License